I am reading a very cool qualitative study* on usability of Exergames in people with Multiple Sclerosis. It's amazing. Sometimes, just reading people's comments about Exergames gives you important insights on application of them in certain domains.
I am copying one of the comments of participants here:
*: Plow, M. and Finlayson, M. (2013), A Qualitative Study Exploring the Usability of Nintendo Wii Fit among Persons with Multiple Sclerosis. Occup. Ther. Int.. doi: 10.1002/oti.1345
I am copying one of the comments of participants here:
Even though I like the fact that it was done at home or I could do it at home, there’s so much stuff going on at home that it’s kind of – I should really be starting dinner or starting lunch or whatnot, but I’m playing this. Oh, let me go take care of this first and then I’ll come back to the game. [...] So if I was at a gym, I think that would definitely not even remotely be an option.As you see, it is suggesting that playing Exergame socially may be one of the options for continuing playing and benefiting from them. Another interesting issue would be related to future game and platform design and also in order to modify/design the games for certain population (in this case, rehabilitation).
*: Plow, M. and Finlayson, M. (2013), A Qualitative Study Exploring the Usability of Nintendo Wii Fit among Persons with Multiple Sclerosis. Occup. Ther. Int.. doi: 10.1002/oti.1345
0 comments:
Post a Comment